Wikipedia:Wikifun/Answers/Round 6/Question 11
- google h2 ship site:en.wikipedia.org
- read who made the USS H-2 (SS-29)
- Right idea, wrong answer. I'm looking for a person. Gkhan 09:52, Mar 26, 2005 (UTC)
- No its wrong. It is neither on the disambig-page, nor does it show up in Googles cache. There are, however, other search-engines. And it has something to do with boats. Gkhan 19:10, Mar 26, 2005 (UTC)
The USS H-2 (SS-29) was originally named the Nautilus, but the name was changed before launching. Therefore, we are looking for the designer of the original Nautilus submarine — Robert Fulton, builder of the Nautilus (1800 submarine).
- I started with USS H-2 (SS-29) and then went to USS Nautilus (the disambigf page), and then went to Nautilus (Verne) which led me to Robert Fulton.
- Secondary answers: Jules Verne and/or Captain Nemo. see Nautilus (Verne)
—JimCollaborator 06:00, Mar 27, 2005 (UTC)
- Ok, it has to do with boats and navigation. Before the advent of GPS and radio, how did you find out your position (long and lat)? Gkhan 13:35, Mar 27, 2005 (UTC)
- Actually, he constructed chronometers H1-H5! You are right ofcourse. Gkhan 18:14, Mar 27, 2005 (UTC)